EKU Online: School Media Librarian
Become a 21st century school librarian for the 21st century student with EKU's online library science program.
Eastern Kentucky University's Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) in Library Science is a unique program that focuses on the collaborative aspects of technology and creative thinking. As a school librarian you will cultivate students' love for literature, integrate the latest technologies into the library setting, and collaborate with teachers to introduce students to resources that will broaden their personal and educational horizons.
Choose to earn a master's degree or select a non-dregree granting program for a Rank I or a certificate.
Tradition. Vision. Excellence.
A respected leader in teacher education for more than 100 years, EKU's library science program trains graduates to reach beyond the classroom -- impacting students, families and communities. Upon completion of the M.A.Ed. program, graduates who hold teacher certification in Kentucky will be eligible to apply for certification as a School Media Librarian and are eligible for the Kentucky Teacher Leader Endorsement.
At EKU, you will benefit from:
- Participating in a core curriculum focused on the tools and techniques needed for dynamic 21st century school librarianship.
- Connecting with dedicated faculty and peers in a real time environment.
- Focusing on current issues in school librarianship.
- Engaging in progressive problem solving through action research.
- Sharing a love of literature and research to help students become effective users of ideas and information.
- Receiving individualized attention from faculty, staff and mentors in the field.
Notes: Graduates of the M.A.Ed program who hold teacher certification in Kentucky will be eligible to apply for certification as a School Media Librarian and are eligible for the Teacher Leader Endorsement. If you do not hold teacher certification in Kentucky, please consult with your state's licensing agency to determine whether our program will meet that state’s licensure requirements.